Monday, February 19, 2007

Let's get Materialist

I hardly lost my euros on things I considered part of materialism when I was a scholar. Everytime I wanted to indulge in some kind of shopping, I felt guilty, provided that the monthly allowance was aimed at the development of my education here in Spain (Well, travelling is other issue, I DID learn a lot from that!). Things became quite different when I got a job last year and had some extra money to spend. I allowed myself more trips and journeys, as well as more shopping experience, with less guilt, of course. The materialist side of me was unconciously unleashed and, by the time I realised what was actually happening, I ended up in front of a pile of gadgets that had got me the first time I saw them.

The top ten of what I deem must-have accessories are...
1. A PDA phone : One of the most wonderful things I have had. Never regret. So useful that I can't live without it anymore. All in one (Budget Manager, Metro Map, Dictionaries, MP3 and etc.)
2. Nike 360 : Good for walking and running alike!
3. Arnette's sport sunglasses : I had the lenses made to suit my eye sight. Very practical for adventures and outdoor activities.
4. Black XS : My favourite scent from Paco Robanne. Truly sweet, yet manly.
5. Vintage denims: I only look for what really fits me. If my ass is accentuated A BIT, I'm satisfied.
6. Adolfo Dominguez's wrist watch
7. Gran Diccionario Oxford and Real Academia Española : How could I be a translator without these bibles?
8. Shoulder bags from Adolfo Dominguez : I like the accessories from this brand, the clothes suck though.
9. Urban-style sunglasses from Gucci : I just can't run about the city centre in a dressy style with that pair of sport sunglasses, can I?
10. The last one is yet to come... let's see if I can get some nifty leather moccasins around here soon. :)

Lately my materialist spirit has somehow become quite lazy and low. The urge to shop gradually decreases. Like seasons that constantly change, maybe the shopping phase is already gone, and here comes another era of adventures and journeys.

:)

No comments: