Sunday, January 28, 2007

Deep Impact

It has been exactly one week since my best thai friend, Now, after two years, left Madrid for good and the aftermath of her departure has just begun to influence my way of living.

Things are now quite different. No more chatting, gossiping, eating out, drinking and laughing together in this lively little capital of Spain with her anymore. That is pensively sad to think about and it is even more melancholic to realise that those days are irrevocably gone.

Sure thing that I will meet her in Krung Thep but things aren't going to be the same. And I will absolutely miss those moments we had here.

I try to survive the impact and keep on by adapting myself to the world without her presence and support. Meanwhile, new characters step in and new stories are told. I've got a chance to get to know some thai people better than before and find out that, probably, it's not gonna be that bad. Who knows?

No comments: