Wednesday, August 23, 2006

To Stay or Not to Stay


There's only 1 month left and my happy-time scholarship will automatically cease its life cycle, which means...

No more 600E per month.
No more super shopping experience in H&M, SPF, Zara, Principe Pio, etc.
No more european trips every now and then.
No more Colegio de Nuestra Senora de Africa (And with this, no more badly-cooked and hardly edible food in the Comedor as well! Yeah! Finally!!!)
No more first quality health insurance from DKV
Etc.

Soon my student/resident card will expire and I'm bound to head home to start my life anew there.

I DON'T WANNA GO HOME!!!

Well, not yet, at the moment.

Come on, I don't plan to stick here forever with the bulls and the flamenco dancers (spanish dudes are an exception, of course!)

Despite lots of things to take into consideration, I've finally come to a well-thought conclusion (Which means...even my family can't change my mind, heheh)

For the moment, I'm gonna stay in Madrid till April, guyssssssssssss!!! Hurraaaahh, good news for those who reside in Madrid, or even in Barcelona (I don't forget u Evans y Bong!) and supposedly bad news for my buddies in Bangkok (Don't cry! I'll be there in the end, my whole life is on that track, not here).

Let's see if I can make it through until April (or even further). Becuz I don't really know when my company will kick me out, in case their well-planned million-euro project fail (Ojala no!).

And here come the time and opportunity to...

Live in a shared apartment with my lovely austrian lost love Trixi :P and the gang.
Work, work & work (I don't complain about this though. Actually I appreciate that I've GOT one).
Cook what I really wanna eat (and learn how to!!!) :D
Do the cleaning.
Do the laundry.
Hang out with friends freely whenever I WANT without having to go back to the Colegio in time for a meal.
And much more....

It's about time to live a real life here. Despite the two years that I have been here, I feel like I'm as inexperienced as those who have just arrive yesterday in term of living on one's own. It's like I have not really been living in Madrid (like all others) at all because things in Africa is too systematically prepared and organized. Everything is too easy. I can get (almost) everything without efforts here.

As for those who are in Bangkok, they can surely wait for me. Hey! I'm not taking u guys for granted, but I'm just trying to say it's just 6 months or a year more! And we'll have quite plenty of time to hang out together! (Including u, Patto!)

Until next time, plan your life well and tell me about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I shia Mod!!!!!!!!!
How come you did not tell me anything that you are going to stay there longer???? 2 years have been too long enough and now you are postponing for another six months!! Anyway, I understand you la. It is not that easy to get a job there so once you have got it, it would be too stupid if you reject it. I know you are going to enjoy living your own life there but just come back as soon as possible ther na~please.
¡Qué tengas suerte y cúidate re bien! Te re extrañooooooo *>mwah<*