Sunday, April 05, 2009

Chronicles of Mod: My Truths about Egypt (1)


The beginning of my solo trip to Egypt began some time back last year. After giving it excessive amounts of pondering, reconsideration and hesitation, I finally got the courage to compromise myself to the trip by getting a roundtrip air ticket without having anything planned before hand. Luckily I was then spared almost 5 months to arrange all the necessary, even though by the time I left for the Promised Land, I hardly had time to finish some pending issues that urgently needed my attention. Such has always been the way I manage my trip as a backpacker but it has never failed me even once (Lucky me!).

After coming back from Spain, I never once set foot outside Thailand and, indeed, it was a pure torture. This trip, therefore, didn't only serve me just to unwind my poor work-ridden self from strenuous money-earning routines but, looking at another dimension, it did also took me back to the time when I was (more) energetic and eager to explore the world. That little curious and adventurous inner side of me, who had been growing bigger and bigger since my return to Mother Land, kept telling me it was time to forget, even for a short period of time, all the burdens I was bearing and flee to this very place of my childhood dream...Egypt.

The day of my departure I felt once more alive. With a mix of emotional sensations, I got nervous, stressed, worried, excited, pleased, glad and, most importantly, happy. I was happy to be able to again embark on another adventure. Then I was more so when thinking that the trip was different than any others, it was the trip that I had been yearning for since I was a little kid. Only this fact could made it all the way more exciting than anything. I couldn't help smiling (alone!) as I waited in queue for checking-in, passing the security post or boarding the plane.

Most tourists on the same flight would have ensured you that there was an ever-smiling mentally-challenged-like dude who seemed so pleased with everything around him, even with the flawed-quality services of Egypt Air.


No comments: