Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Chronicles of Mod : Eleven Truths I Found Out About Norway

Here we go...

1. The Spaniards prove to be unconditionally noisy regardless of their location. While I was quietly enjoying the evening spring sun in the City Hall Square, a loud chattering group of Spanish tourists suddenly caught my attention. They were across the square but I could still hear their conversation as if they were sitting next beside me.

2. Norwegians seem like albinos. Pretty, beautiful and elegantly tall but bloodlessly pale (No offense!).

3. EVERYTHING is costly. A bottle of mineral water costs 3 euros and a pack of Doritos 4 euros, isn’t that nuts?

4. Too many Thais living there. Why? More investigations need to be fully done to satisfy my curiosity.

5. Contrary to the number of Asian immigrants, this country has fewer Chinese restaurants than I expected! Not that I was desperately finding one, but it surprised me.

6. Norwegian tulips are as visually appealing and beautiful as Dutch.

7. Norway doesn’t boast the architectural grandiosity as most European countries.

8. Norwegians in general can surprisingly speak English! Well, I got this low expectation based on the experience from where I’m currently living, Spain.

9. Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen (and hopefully any other cities) are sprinkled with sculptures. They are extremely obsessed with statues (Well, perhaps not “they” but “some artists”).

10. The weather in spring isn’t as freezing as I was told. In Bergen, it’s kind of wet though. Too fucking rainy.

11. Norway has sparrows and pigeons just like any other cities in the world! Furrier and a bit plumper though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mod, finally i found your blog. I noticed a tag on your MSN and tried to visit yours blog. Then i found that it's amazigly funny. knowing about your life that journeys in this blog is the way that i can keep updating.

By the way, glad to know that you will start the next step of your life here in Bangkok. Your pals are looking forward to seeing you and we are waiting the time we can hang out like old days.

Well, grim me a call or holler me at my mail, when you are here.

From Bangkok with love